Ruckus Scooter Love

Ruckus Scooter Love
Scootin' For A Slower Pace of Life...

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Merry Christmas! Happy Holly Daze!


Ho, ho, ho to and Merry Christmas to all you riders out there in Blogger Land!!!

'Tis the eve of Christmas Eve and my flower delivery gig is about to be up. One more day of spreading floral cheer throughout the land!

And am I ready for a rest!

After over a thousand miles and hundreds of flower arrangements, poinsettas, center pieces, and fruit baskets, I am finally coming to a close on my seasonal busy-ness.

And it has really been FUN and oftentimes HARD WORK! But mostly FUN!

Naturally I've learned a few things and seen a few things and concluded a few things.

Flowers smell delightful crowded into the car going down the road!

Big fruit baskets weigh a TON!

Candles do NOT want to stand up in the middle of floral centerpieces.

Poinsettas do not want to stand up inside an SUV cab-they love to lean and tilt.

Most people never use their front door. They come and go via their garages, so set the orders out where they can see them when they drive up.

Few people seem to know their neighbors but are willing to hold orders for them until they come home.

Lillies and roses smell the best.

Dog owners do NOT need to install doorbells on their front doors. WOOF!

People LOVE getting flowers and fruit baskets and centerpieces and I loved seeing their smiles of delight when they opened the door.

And finally, I loved this gig and I am hoping to continue doing something like this after the holidays.

Hope all your holidays are filled with love and laughter!

See ya next year!





8 comments:

  1. I am so glad you enjoyed your delivery gig. So rewarding to spread the smiles and happiness.

    Happy holidays to you and your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Deb! I wish you many scooting miles on friendly roads & new scooter adventures to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas...hope Santa was good to you!

      Delete
  3. Merry Christmas to you! I'm happy to read about your delivery job. I enjoyed my tree farm work and all the garland I made. I actually prefer seasonal work, but it's scary sometimes,too. If you get into the rhythm of seasonal work (as I have) going to a non-seasonal job can be almost impossible. Or it may be a blessing. Everyone is different. Best wishes for us both in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best wishes is right!

      After New Year's Day I'll be thinking, "what's next?"

      Meanwhile there's rest and scooter dreams...

      :=)

      Delete
  4. Deb:

    You have a very Merry Christmas too. Flowers bring good cheer. It's nice to have happy customers

    bob
    Riding the Wet Coast
    My Flickr // My YouTube

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say I really enjoying watching peoples' reactions when they opened the door!

      Hope you're having a happy holiday up there!

      Delete