Ruckus Scooter Love

Ruckus Scooter Love
Scootin' For A Slower Pace of Life...

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Summer Fest and Delicious Pork Barbeque...

Today the weather was gorgeous and I took a 40 mile round trip ride into the county seat, West Union, to visit the Summer Fest on the town square.

This 4 day annual festival features food, games, vendors of all sorts, and LOTS of people riding motorcycles everywhere! I even saw another scooter just like mine parked behind the town pharmacy. Never saw the owner though.

While there I walked around a bit and eventually did a little grocery shopping and then enjoyed a fantastic "Southern Style" pulled pork barbeque sandwich with cole slaw on it and a huge glass of sweet tea.





Sitting in the table in the shade I watched motorcycles come and go up the main street of town. It was interesting-not one person wore any safety gear, not even a helmet! Wow!

The rest of the time I rode around a few village streets exploring the area and then left town via a winding single lane rural road that plunged downhill through some deep woods and over a few pretty, quiet streams.

I stopped at one point on a single lane bridge and sat on the scoot just absorbing the sounds and smells of the woods and the creek. It was beautiful and very peaceful.

I tried to take some photos of a family of Canadian geese with their babies swimming on the stream under this bridge but by the time I got the camera out of it's pouch they had faded into small, dark specks on the viewfinder.




Also today I did my first fill-up on the scoot, giving her a "premium" sip of gasoline for around $4 and some change. I estimate she is getting around 110 mpg. Pretty good!

Most notable is that today I really, truly realized that I am in love with this scooter, once and for all. I loved both my Rucki, but more power and comfort are so nice as I ride the Elite over distance. I felt like I could ride all day which was a contrast to my 49cc adventures. I love it!

4 comments:

  1. Hooray, I am glad you are loving your scooter.

    It sounds like you two had a great day out and about enjoying the weather and yummy food.

    I don't think I could get used to seeing people riding without any safety gear. Would be so odd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb:

    as with any serious relationship, it takes time to get to know each other. I am sure the Elite will take you farther and with less effort. I love pulled pork, we make it often in our slow cooker

    bob
    Riding the Wet Coast
    My Flickr // My YouTube

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pic. And glad to hear the love affair with the new ride has begun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Breaking up is hard to do....
    but,
    falling in love is grand.

    I went on a group ride Saturday. One of the riders came over to me and said he'd saw me riding earlier in the week. How did he recognize me? Well, the black and white Symba was a clue, but the clincher was a well armored rider riding it. We have a helmet law or I'm sure a number of those I was riding with wouldn't have been wearing any protective gear at all. At least no one was wearing flip-flops.

    Stay safe,
    ~Keith

    ReplyDelete