Ruckus Scooter Love

Ruckus Scooter Love
Scootin' For A Slower Pace of Life...

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Bigger Scooter Fever is a Torturous Thing!

Remember "Tim the Tool Man Taylor" with his "MORE POWER!" mantra?


Yep, that's me! I am obcessing over more power, further and faster rides, a whole new scooting experience. I dream about it at night, I day dream about it during the day, and my Ruckus is getting dusty because I have lost interest in putzing along the gravel roads around here at 20 mph!

So I am heading to the Genuine dealer, weather cooperating, on Saturday. If not then I am getting there as soon as possible afterward.

I've read a gazillion reviews of the Genuine Buddy 125, 150, and Black Jack (no longer made, but sold used) and I am eager to test ride them!

So that is what I am planning to do and will post my impressions.

Meanwhile, what happened to spring? It was 26 degrees on my back porch at 8 o'clock this morning!

2 comments:

  1. Deb

    A wise long time motorcycle/scooter friend told me once when I was starting out that we will always suffer from cc-itis. It seems the more power you have the more you want. He was exactly right! I know what you are feeling after riding Vixen for a year, 50 cc's is just too small. I think a good compromise would be a mid size scoot like you are looking at and a cruiser motorbike for longer hauls. Makes one ponder what your riding is gong to be like in the future, once you get more range it usually leads to more cc's, it truly is never ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey deb, variety is the spice of life so dont be afraid to enjoy a world of different flavours!
    Flavours is Canadian for flavors, it means the same thing but tastes better because it's different ;)
    Over here I'm going in the opposite direction: sold a 650cc street bike, bought a 50c two stroke KYMCO Super 9. One step closer to world domination!

    Ride safe!

    Adrian

    ReplyDelete