Ruckus Scooter Love

Ruckus Scooter Love
Scootin' For A Slower Pace of Life...

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Coming From, Going To



Well, I've not been blogging much mostly because I can barely find the time to breathe, much less blog. My 40 hour a week, 9 to 5 job has encapsulated my life by necessity aka the need for economic survival and I sometimes feel like a "work bot".

Plus, I am on a computer all day on my new job and the last thing I feel like doing is going on the computer when I get home.

But I am going to get back on here and start writing again this week!

I thought I'd start a "mini-series" of sorts in the coming days wherein I reflect on the many levels of change I've gone through since moving from my 7 year residence in a very rural area of the Appalachian foothills into my suburbanite cottage-by-the- mall.

There will be good and bad presented. There will be celebrations and bereavements. There will be history and lots of humor and craziness. And wonderful friends and experiences that I will cherish forever and so I need to share all that.

Several people have said to me, "You need to write a book". Well, on another blog I AM writing a book, but I've been wanting to write about what it was like living out in the Appalachian foothills these past 7 years. So now I'm going to do that too!

And I need to get writing again on this blog anyway, so this will be the direction I take now.

It was during this time that I discovered scooter riding and fell into "Ruckus Love", so it is fitting that I write about it all on this blog for that reason too.

So this is what I am going to be writing about for awhile. My journey to the country, our life out there, and the transition back here to the suburbs.

I'm not sure how long I'll write about this. I've got lots to say, lots of stories, lots of thoughts and observations.

So as the spring snow blows outside my window, I retire to sweet dreams of what has been and what is and what might be...

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a story I will be ready for. I have a comfy place to listen and can always find a cup of something to settle in with.

    Write away.....ready when you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very much looking forward to reading whatever you have to share. It will be nice to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn jobs always getting in the way, sheesh.

    I understand as I too am on the computer all day at work.

    I am looking forward to your stories when you have time to put pen to paper - or fingers to keyboard as the case may be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you are going to blog about your life adventures! Working is such a necessary evil it seems, just think how wonderful it would be if we didn't have to worry about money or working! Oh one can only dream!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, then. I'm pulling up a chair looking forward to the tale.
    ~k

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb:

    It's good that you found a new job. We were worried. We are all in the same boat wishing we were independent or win the Lotto and dream of the day we can leave work behind us. In the meantime we are all doing jobs that we either like, or don't

    bob
    Riding the Wet Coast

    ReplyDelete